Saturday, May 12, 2012

Brown Rice Sunflower Seed Cracker Recipe


I have been making rennet cheeses lately with all the goat milk I have been getting from our goats. My husband has never liked chevre but I decided to make it anyway because of how little work is involved. He tried it after I made it and liked it but wanted crackers to eat it with. So I looked for a cracker recipe. I used this recipe as a guide but changed the ingredients to use what I have on hand. We have been out of almonds so I used raw sunflower seeds. I just used a little salt for flavor because some of the chevre I made is flavored with sweet ingredients.

As a snack, we topped these crackers with the plain chevre. Then for dessert, I topped these crackers with chevre and a drizzle of honey and my husband topped his with chevre and dried fig...so delicious! We finished the crackers in one day, so I will probably double the batch next time.

Brown Rice Sunflower Seed Cracker Recipe


1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Grease a baking sheet.

Grind up the sunflower seeds. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the liquid ingredients and mix until a dough is formed. Make two balls of dough.

Put one ball of dough in between two sheets of wax or parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. Pull off the top sheet of paper and flip the dough onto the baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to cut crackers into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares. Take the edges off and add to the other ball of dough and repeat.

Bake for 15-18 minutes. (I rolled mine real thin and baked for 15 minutes.)

Let cool on baking sheet.

Makes 30-35 crackers.

This article is shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lavina! these crackers look great! I'd love to feature them, but we ask for a direct link back to Allergy Free Wednesdays within your post first. If you can make it happen before tonight at 7, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the link, let me know if I did it correctly.

      Delete
  2. can i make this without any oil? if so, how would it change the taste and texture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey the crackers looks amazing..thanks for sharing the recipe with all the details...would love to try this once..

    basmati rice

    ReplyDelete